A Minecraft PE resource pack can completely change how the game looks and plays. Using one, a player can alter textures, fonts, sounds, and more in the game, making playing even more enjoyable. This article guide will take you through downloading and using resource packs in Minecraft PE for Android. All you need to get started is an idea of what resource pack you want to use and an Android device! Let’s figure out how to put a Zip File into Minecraft PE Android.
Downloading the Modpack
- Download the modpack of your choice onto your PC, desktop, or laptop computer (preferably with a program like WinRAR).
- Extract the contents of the modpack into a folder.
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- Transfer the modpack file from the extracted folder on your computer over to where you want it on your phone.
- Unzip any zipped files.
- Select File Explorer on your phone.
- Open Downloads.
- Drag and drop the modpack file into the downloads directory.
- Go back to Minecraft PE 10. Make sure that mods are enabled.
Opening and Installing Resource Packs
To open the game, tap on the Play button. Once the game opens, scroll down to Settings. From there, you will see a button called Resource Packs. Tap this button to open the list of available resource packs. Next, scroll down until you find one that you want to install. The name should show up right under the cursor, but if not, tap on it once so that it is selected and then press the Install button at the top.
Accessing the Resource Pack Folder
To access your Resource Pack folder:
- Tap the Edit button on the menu.
- Scroll down until you see a list of icons representing the different file types on your device.
- Tap this icon, and you will be taken to a new screen with a list of folders on your device.
The first one is named ‘Documents.’ Tap it and select the ‘com.mojang’ folder from the list. You are now viewing all of the files that belong to Minecraft PE for Android, including resource packs!
Previewing and Selecting Different Resource Packs
You can use many different resource packs to change the look of your Minecraft world. Players make some, some are official updates from Mojang, and there are even texture packs that can make it possible for you to play the game with a retro pixelated look. So how do you decide which one is right for you? One way is by previewing them before installing them! To preview a pack, open up the settings menu on your device.
Changes To Note When Using A Resource Pack
- Go to the app’s Settings by tapping on your avatar.
- Tap Resource Packs.
- Tap Open Resource Packs Folder (this is where all your downloaded resource packs will be stored).
- Tap the Add More button on the top of your screen
- Find the .zip file you want to use, then tap it to select it.
- After that, a pop-up window will ask if you would like to replace or add the pack.
- If you have an older pack selected, hit Replace Pack. Otherwise, hit Add Pack, which will add the new pack without replacing the old one.
- You can also delete any old packs you don’t want by tapping them and hitting Delete Pack. Finally, after selecting your desired pack(s), press Done at the bottom of the page to save everything!
Now got an idea of how to use resource packs in Minecraft PE Android, so get out there and change the whole look of the game! Remember that downloading an extensive resource pack can take some time, so make sure you download them over Wi-Fi. This tutorial is also strictly for Minecraft PE Android devices. You will need to look into additional resources if you have another game version.